Does the Clock Strike Death?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to DCSD! We hope you enjoy your stay!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» NEW SITE!! NEW SITE!!
Unexpected Teacher EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:45 pm by Atreyu

» Bringing The Site Back
Unexpected Teacher EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm by Atreyu

» Updated Descriptions Of Races
Unexpected Teacher EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:21 pm by Atreyu

» Site Design?
Unexpected Teacher EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm by Kanana

» The Thread in Which Tokiwa and Kanana Haz Adventures and Schtuff
Unexpected Teacher EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am by Tokiwa

» I WILL FIX IT
Unexpected Teacher EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm by Kanana

» Posts, Topics, Emails and Other Junk
Unexpected Teacher EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 am by Kanana

» Something Unexpected CLOSED
Unexpected Teacher EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm by Jareth

» Herro
Unexpected Teacher EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am by Jareth

2 posters

Unexpected Teacher

Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Altamone

Unexpected Teacher Empty Unexpected Teacher

Post by Jinchu Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Jinchu had a minute being able to roam the castle, he was unsure of what Olivine was making of their current situation at the moment, her motivations seemed to be elsewhere, she was almost seeming more interested in Jinchu than his cause. He felt like he was reading to much into but there was something he initially felt as if he was missing, like there was a hidden message Oliv was sending him that he couldn't quite interpret. He just sighed and rubbed the top of his head trying to figure stuff out, 'Man I just realized that probably all the rulers may not respond to my words so peacefully, also what if I am too late and must stop the war by force?... Ah but I am too weak, I need a way to become stronger, the strongest even. So I can protect everyone.'

He stood waiting for something, he didn't know what in a kind of secluded area of the palace, in a rather large and open room with a high ceiling. It was similar to that of a great hall. At this point realized he didn't exactly know where he was, all of this more complex structure confused him and he was unsure he was going to get back. He must've just drifted off walking while deep in thought, not paying attention to where he was actually walking. "Oh great... Lost in a castle... Great plan, Jin!"
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Unexpected Teacher Empty Re: Unexpected Teacher

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 am

Footsteps penetrated the silence of the great hall, and two large doors were flung open. Behind these doors was a tired, worried, and ever so slightly inebriated Armond, who had just come back from his chat with Olivine. The king yawned loudly, and then spotted a lone character standing in the middle of the hall. Another visitor of Ollie? Or a Czigus, an enemy. That would be just awful. Armond's emblems started to glow white, which was something that would almost certainly alert the man standing in front of him. Armond became aware of the glowing, and ceased it. He approached the man, and spoke to him, using his normal friendly tone. "Greetings, my good fellow. I am King Armond, also known as 'The Diamond King'. But that doesn't matter, as you probably knew that already. What i'm interested in is who you are."
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Jinchu was shocked to hear someone else near him speaking, he instantly turned around to see a man and heard him refer to himself as 'King Armond' which was such a surprising but fortunate development, 'Wait a second, It seems as though I am able to kill two birds with one stone here... I wonder why he is in Shuron Castle?' He was quite overjoyed at this, quickly bowing. It was funny how Armond said Jin probably already knew who he was. Since Jinchu was a mere commoner no where close to coming in contact with 'important' people until now, he had no idea who any of the rulers looked like.

He then responded in kind, "Hello Sir! I am Jinchu Raizen and it would be most urgent that I speak with you before you leave this castle! I have important matters that need to be addressed to someone of your stature!" Jin wasn't trying to be rude, especially not to a King who probably had the power to wipe him away from his sight but he needed to stress the fact that Armond needed to talk to him before leaving the castle. It's best to speak to him ow before it may be for sure too late.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Armond arched an eyebrow at the statement. He somehow doubted the news could get any worse today, but he decided to listen anyways. "Fantastic" he said, sarcastically. it's hardly as if it could get any worse anyway, you have no idea about the type of stuff I'm having to deal with these days. The king created a small chair, and sat down, the chair was slanted, so he could lean backwards. He created a similar chair, for the man standing in front of him."Alright, what is it?"
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Jinchu was a little discouraged, wondering what bad news Armond could be facing already, but that was not going to stop him at this point, there was too much importance in Jinchu's information and he might be able to find out what it was that was making Armond uneasy as well. Maybe it could help him decipher what was actually going to happen with the war and maybe a clue to who plans to start it. He sat down in his chair that the king just created, and he couldn't help himself from marveling at Armond's ability, "That was amazing... My skills are quite shy of a feat like that, haha! Sorry, back on subject."

He thought to himself, wondering if he should present what he knew in the same fashion as he did with Olivine or should he alter it a bit. He couldn't quite judge since he didn't know Armond's personality or temperament. Jin tried to be as subtle as possible to start off, "First I must ask if you know that at the moment the people of all of these lands are in an unrest? Right now there are kind of troubling times all around and it is not seeming to look much better in the near future."
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Armond leaned forward. He didn't know that, he'd been busy trying to deal with the Czigus, so he didn't have much time to deal with other issues. "The people are always in unrest, usually it's a minor thing. So if you're hear about some chicken farmers complaining about the gays, then you've come to the wrong guy. But, if it's something more important, then shoot, and please be quick about it. Also, thank you for the compliment, but that was nothing."
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Jinchu realized quickly by the King's comment he preferred dealing with what's going on right up front and none of the tip-toeing into it business, "Sir if this were just some random little problem going on in your lands how would I know about a situation like that? I've never even been there." He sighed, folding his hands together as he leaned forward just like Armond trying to get as close as he could so he could speak low enough that if someone may be spying they would hear nothing, "I am talking about a war. I don't know who is starting it, or when it is going to unfold but I am certain without a doubt that it is coming. And I need as much help as I can, as I intend to be the one to stop this war from coming about... Is this an important enough issue for you to take me seriously?" There was no doubt that he didn't need to add that last bit of sarcasm but he would not deal with not being taken seriously.

Jinchu then leaned back all the way into the chair, waiting to see what Armond would say next. Before the King could respond though Jinchu last-second decided to explain the slight rudeness, "I may be just a mere commoner, son of a blacksmith even. But I plan to save this world from the destruction that will take place. I would much rather that you understood I am not here to deal with petty issues. By the way, you are an Altamone, right? It's what I heard but I'd rather find out personally about things like this than just going by simple here-say" The ball was now in Armond's court, and Jin was just waiting to see his reaction.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Armond sighed, and leaned back, his hands covering his face "A war? Wonderful, just wonderful. Fabulous, in fact. I'm sorry for any rudeness, but this is really bad. If it's true that is, for all I know you could be lying. And I really hope you are. Truth is, a war is about to start, a big one, so I hope we've received information about the same thing, because I don't know if we can handle two wars at the same time. Especially with foes as powerful as the ones i'm currently facing. But, that's for later. For now, You'll need to prove this war is going to happen, and you'll need to tell me how you intend on stopping it, if a mere chair surpasses your powers. And yes, I am an Altamone."
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Jinchu was quite shocked at the reaction, obviously there was more to the situation than he originally thought. His mind was racing thinking of the two wars, hoping for that too be an impossibility, 'Okay it is unlikely that there is more than one war being plotted, meaning there is a very good chance that Armond is stressed about the same thing I am. That being said there is still a problem with it, I must find out more about the detail's before I can assume anything.' He looked at Armond intensely, making sure he had his attention, "Sir, I think that these may very well be the same war... But I have a question about whether or not this information has been considered top secret or not."

He then continued to explain his own way of how he planned to prevent something like a war being only one man, "Well to be hnest Armond, I planned to have council with all the lands' rulers and convince all of you to sign a binding treaty to unity in trying to find this warmonger and put a stop to his actions before it was too late." he then sighed, "And if this war were to unfold before I could stop it I planned to stop it by force if necessary, because my abilities do exceed that of summoning a chair and I plan to use them to try and stop all who wish harm on others."
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Armond sighed "That...isn't going to be possible, sadly enough. A binding treaty wouldn't do anything to make us work together, not that I don't want to bring this warmonger down. But right now he isn't our biggest concern, and yes, it is confidential. And, I somehow doubt you're powerful enough to take down an entire army yourself. Unless you have some amazing hidden power. And even if you did, I doubt you'd be trained with it." The Diamond King put a hand on his shoulder. "You seem to want to protect everyone, yet at the current time, you can't. That's something you'll have to accept"
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 pm

When the King admitted to the information being confidential it was like a light-bulb went off in his head. He knew now that the war development could even be further along than either of them expected, this could be quite bad for Jin's cause, "SIR! Think for a minute! If this information is considered classified and now the words are spreading into the ears of the people what stage do you expect the enemy is at right now? I have no doubts he is nearly ready to deliver the first strike if he has let his plan leak and spread in such a way!"

His eyes were intense, plagued with worry and something else, nearly an indescribable look in his eye. It was almost as if it was a sense of hope mixed with determination and a hint of anger, 'I think it may be unavoidable... I must fight for this cause, it's the only hope I've got.' He had his head down while he was thinking but then had an idea, also something to prove, it seemed and whipped his head back up to speak, his hair flew wildly for a moment, "I have the strength to take on anyone you need me too! I have something that might work!" He paused to collect his thoughts, "Since you nor any of the other royals can publicly go after this guy due to your position and it would cause a panic possibly making him start the attack prematurely.... I can go after him in your place!"

He knew the King would be skeptical so he explained further, "The threat, if I am right, is too great to ignore... And you are too important to do anything without arousing suspicion... And I am a nobody that will have no real connection to you or the other royals... I can fight in your stead to save all the lives that could be lost do to this... I CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH YOU TO HELP!" He noticed by this point he was standing and grabbing the Kings shirt, the situation got so intense he didn't even notice his actions. Once realizing what he did he let go and quickly backed up a foot but didn't say sorry because he displayed his passion to protect everyone, he shouldn't have to apologize for that.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Armond sighed. "It was the information about the other army that was classified, not the warmonger. I didn't know about the warmonger until now, and the reason I can't deal with him at the moment is that we have something bigger on our hands. Compared to what we're dealing with, the warmonger is merely a speck at the current time. Still, you're right. He must be dealt with. Still, if he's gathered an army, you can't deal with it alone. You're not powerful enough. You'll need help, and training." Armond thought for a moment, then looked back at Jinchu. "I'll train you. If you want, that is, I can also give you access to people who will train you. But, that's going too take a while, complex Altamone training is just that, complex. But we're not just doing that, I'll have to teach you how to fight, and that can be just as difficult." The king rubbed his forehead "But, the end result will be a fine warrior. " Armond extended his hand. "Would you like to take me up on my offer?"
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Jinchu shook his head as Armond spoke initially disagreeing with what he was saying, he didn't either understand what Jin said earlier or he must have explained it too poorly, "SIR! What I am saying I think that this 'Warmonger' and the whole war situation that I was talking about IS the info on your classified army! They must be one in the same, not two different war situations, I can feel it in my gut!" He was really trying to make the King understand without seeming too forceful but he was a very passionate person, it was hard to keep Jin from displaying what he felt.

He then was listening to the rest of the man's bit and resisted the urge to tell him that he wasn't helpless. He couldn't deny due to not having instruction he may be a little rough around the edges but he considered himself already to be a fine warrior. Still he decided he must take the King up on his offer, to be taught by another Altamone and a King no less isn't an opportunity you just throw away, "I will take your training, you cannot give me any breaks or go easy though, none of that... If I must become the strongest in the world that is indeed what I will do... Mark my words Diamond King... We will prevail if I have to take out this army's leader personally!"
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Once again, the king shook his head. "From what you have described, they are different threats. This I can assure you. The threat you are unaware of is something else entirely." Armond leaned in, his voice hushed. "My current enemy, is a new, evil race. Called the Czigus. That's all i'm willing to say, for now." The diamond king leaned out. And, slightly more loudly said, "You'll need to train in my kingdom, so i'll set you up with a room in the castle. But we can talk about that on the way there. I know you're eager, but don't worry, your training will be starting sooner than you think." Much sooner, he's in for a surprise when he has to walk to Gavendia. Armond started to stroll out of the hall, confident Jinchu would follow.
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Jinchu's eyes widened as the king whispered in his ear, he just realized the magnitude of the situation he was in. He just nodded, there was more than confusion there, his eyes contained a hint of fear and not for himself. He feared for the sake of the whole world if something this big was going on under its nose, "This has to be the priority then... I must find out more and soon if I am going to be able to fight them."

King Armond began walking, leaving the hall and Jin was quick to follow, going back to Olive is not the most important thing especially if it was urgent enough to throw Armond into such a turmoil even before Jinchu began talking. He hurried up to get in step with the King/New unexpected teacher quickly needing to ask him something, "Umm sir... Queen Olivine is kind of expecting me to go back to her... Shouldn't I let her know that I'm leaving and why?"
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 am

Armond considered that for a moment, and smiled mischievously, he stopped a passing servant. "Excuse me, but could you do me a favour, and give this to Queen Olivine. And with that he presented a crystal rose, Armond's calling card. It was blue, and on the innermost petal was Armond's signature, just to make sure Olivine knows who sent it.

Armond looked at Jin. "That should do, now we should really get going."
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:40 am

Jinchu was quite surprised at what the Diamond King sad yet again but for a quite different reason, 'I never expected royals to be so.... Normal. I had a much different impression of them, I never expected a King to be so mischievous especially on such an important thing as this.' He almost laughed, Jin could already tell this was quite a crazy adventure he was going to embark on. He walked side by side with his new master kind of wondering how this 'training' was going to start.

Jinchu still looked around as they walked, confused and unsure about their direction, "How do you know where were going? This type of building is much more complicated than anything I have ever experienced." He kept sub-consciously flexing his arms to deal with the whole situation mingled with his excitement, "Are you sure Lady Olivine will know I came with you? She might be angry since she kept urging me to stay the night for some unknown reason."
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 am

Once again, Armond smiled mischievously."Oh, she'll know, and you just wait 'til you see Vasiral castle. It's almost twice as intricate as this place." On hearing that last piece of information, the king suppressed a laugh, very badly. "Stay the night, eh? I didn't think she was into redheads." It seemed the young Jinchu was fairly ignorant in the field of romance. His first experience at a Gavendian pub may prove to be entertaining. "Just follow me, and you should be fine."

The second they exited the castle, the drawbridge slammed shut. Armond stretched, and gave Jinchu a few seconds to catch on. "That's right." The king said "Training starts here, we're walking back." It wasn't whether Jinchu could do the walk that concerned him, it was how he reacted to it that mattered.
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Jinchu couldn't believe his ears as he was told Armond's castle was even more intricate... It just baffled him to be honest, he couldn't understand why or how someone would be so complex for a building that will be needed for effective use. At least Jin knew he would get lost rather quickly, in that case he was glad to have his lightning, for it could blast through walls... Once he could control it he would be able to at least.

They kept going, right out the door and crossed the bridge, no one attempted to stop them or anything so Jin assumed Olivine was okay with them leaving so suddenly, he couldn't imagine someone so small and dainty as someone to be angry or anything. As Jin was told by the King that they were walking and just began to laugh, "Obviously we're walking, ha! How the heck do you think I was planning to get anywhere in the first place!" He didn't even notice at this moment how commonly he was speaking with someone of substantial importance, The Diamond King no less, as if he were an everyday person.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Armond smiled, "Good reaction. Just what I was hoping for." Jinchu's tone didn't particularly worry Armond, as he preferred to treat people equally. As they began to walk, Armond decided that, if he were to have an apprentice, he should probably know things about the said apprentice. "Son of a blacksmith? We need more people like you around the court, too many nobles. Not as many as there used to be, but still too many. So, whilst we walk, how about you tell me of your history?"
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:40 am

Jinchu made an unconscious smile at the King's enthusiasm about his answer, like he passed a test or something. He then thought of his past which was an interesting coincidence when Armond began talking about the excessive nobles leading to wondering about Jin's history. Jinchu was initially just going to explain from where he could first remember to this point and then he also remembered he could mean his history since the outbreak.

Jinchu quickly dismissed that thought, the King mentioned his Blacksmith heritage so he was interested in how he grew up. He thought a moment then began, "Well... Even at the earliest I remember there was always a constant struggle to make sure we didn't go hungry which is why my father used to be busy at work from dawn till dusk, barely ever resting. In my early years it was primarily my mother that raised me. At those times, even though I saw my dad very little, I idolized him and wanted to get old enough to help with his work, dreamed of taking over one day."
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm

The king nodded, understandingly. And picked up the walking pace slightly. "I can't say I can relate to you on that one. But, if you wanted to be a blacksmith, then why are you not a blacksmith?"
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Jin made a small smile even though his eyes expressed a little sadness. It wasn't anything too obvious so it was unlikely the King would notice and Jinchu preferred it that way. He looked down to his hands, as if trying to look through the gloves and see the symbols on his hands that allowed him full access to his powers. He then shrugged as he made a tiny laugh, the sadness gone.

He looked the King in the eye and spoke in a light tone, "The accident happened. And I figured out what I really want to do as a man. I could never be a blacksmith and settle, knowing what I can do now." He slightly turned his head, letting his eyes looking to the great beyond, not focusing on anything in-particular. He let a big smile appear on his face, "I must use my gift to save the world if need be, since there is no chance of a diplomatic solution to the world's problems anyways, my gift is my best shot. I will become stronger than all to protect everyone, that is what I want to do now." His earnest endeavor would give off a sense of purity, not of powers or blood but purity of the very soul, it usually is what brings people to believe in him. Armond may have a different opinion but it would be unknown until he made his response.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:19 pm

The king chuckled. The eager determination of the man standing in front of him reminded Armond of himself when he was younger. The same fire in his eyes, the same uncompromising will to protect people. Armond stopped walking, and checked behind him, noting that the palace was merely a small speck in the distance now. My, we have come far. "I see. Well, we should be far away enough from the city, after all, we wouldn't want any collateral damage." The king moved backwards, putting a considerable amount of space between him and Jinchu. "As you may have guessed, it's time to see what you can do." He cracked his knuckles, and motioned for Jinchu too attack him. "Let's start out with something simple, launch a simple, upfront attack at me."
    Jinchu
    Jinchu

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Jinchu Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Jinchu stopped with his new teacher, at first unsure of what they were exactly going to do now. The fire in his eyes intensified as Armond spoke, every word made him more excited. He backed up and Jinchu decided to stay where he was, it seemed to be finally showtime for him. It was quite a tense moment when the King cracked his knuckles, Jin didn't know exactly what he would do especially with the motion to come, it was enticing.

With a smirk of disinterest he casually put his hand in his pocket and pulled his hand out holding a piece of chalk, "Haha.... Alright let's get going!" He dropped down to a squat and began drawing a circle about 15inches iin diameter then continued to draw more but in a rapid succession, meaning even with the symbol's complexity he would be done rather quickly. His hair draped forward and he flipped it back to where it originally sat along his shoulders. He had his eyes on Armond after the initial look down, meaning he was able to draw it perfect from memory, "Hehe...." It would initially seem as if Jin could only use his power through drawing the symbols out so he might be looked down on by Armond in skill just for the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content