Does the Clock Strike Death?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to DCSD! We hope you enjoy your stay!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» NEW SITE!! NEW SITE!!
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:45 pm by Atreyu

» Bringing The Site Back
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm by Atreyu

» Updated Descriptions Of Races
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:21 pm by Atreyu

» Site Design?
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm by Kanana

» The Thread in Which Tokiwa and Kanana Haz Adventures and Schtuff
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am by Tokiwa

» I WILL FIX IT
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm by Kanana

» Posts, Topics, Emails and Other Junk
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 am by Kanana

» Something Unexpected CLOSED
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm by Jareth

» Herro
Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am by Jareth

3 posters

Something Unexpected CLOSED

Jareth
    Jareth

Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Something Unexpected CLOSED

Post by Jareth Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

It had been three months since Jareth had seen Kanana. One could tell that there was something off about him because of that. He had never gone more than a few weeks without seeing her. He had known for some time that he was in love with her. But he did not know if she had felt those same feelings for her. He walked up to the palace door, his frame bent and broken. He was but a shell of the man that he was before. "Kanana, I'm here."
    Jareth
    Jareth

Something Unexpected CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Re: Something Unexpected CLOSED

Post by Jareth Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Jareth chuckled, "What I do for her is very complex magic. I'll only show you something simple. Though I won't be able to do it. So, what do you say? It'll give us something to do."
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Spirit

Post by Tokiwa Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Tokiwa looked at him. "well, I....Guess as long as I don't get in trouble....I don't like getting in trouble. she would say, She really didn't like getting in trouble, but that was because of the thing that layed deep within her, it tended to act in self defense along with becoming upset.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Corleiks

Post by Kanana Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Kanana had returned, and weakly opened Jareth's bedroom door. She found Tokiwa talking to him, but was too exhausted to ask what they were talking about. She simply held up the satchel that contained the single dragon scale, teardrop shaped and purely white. She tossed this lightly onto his bed, before sinking into a chair. She hadn't necessarily fought the dragon, but there was a lot of stress that she went through, mentally, physically, and emotionally. She wiped the sweat from her brow, but it soon came back, as she was now trying to fight past the pain in her abdomen. Damned pregnancy, making her weak. She laid a hand on her stomach, the cramping not going away. She simply looked up at Jareth and Tokiwa, giving them a small smile, trying to appear fine. But in all honestly, she was fretting about whether or not she'd harmed her child. Her wings, magnificent and the color of the night sky, shrunk back into her back as she lost the strength and the will to maintain them.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Jareth looked at Kanana, "I see that you have the scale. That is only half of the battle. Get some rest, you and the child need it." He looked back at Len, "Now, try to imagine a flame in your hand."
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Tokiwa turned and looked seeing kanana entering, she rag over and gave her a hug. old to run back over to try to do what jareth was saying. However when she tryed to do what he told her to do, she did image a flame in her hand for a moment but, fire also reminded her of something else. The image of a monster flashed before her eyes. Her face would change from a happy one to a sad and scared one. She tryed once more only for it to happen agien. "I'm sorry, I just....can't" She would say looking down at the floor.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Kanana noted Jareth's words, but said nothing, having just been hugged by Tokiwa. She smiled slightly, settled into her seat, and tried to ignore the stomach pains enough to go to sleep. Eventually, she was able to fall into an uneasy slumber, her dreams full of images depicting Jareth's death and angry dragons. She moved slightly in her chair, and then awoke, unable to sleep anymore. She noticed Kiwa's crestfallen face, but was forced to ignore it as another bought of cramps disrupted her body's recovery. "We're leaving in one hour," she said, standing. She then left, to drink some calming tea and change into more breathable clothing.

Last edited by Kanana on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Jareth looked at Tokiwa, "Well, maybe you aren't meant to be a fire mage. Try this instead, try imagining ice in your hand."
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Tokiwa watched kanana sit down, and rest. She looked over at Jareth, She could tell that he didn't know about her problem, which was good. Kanana said to tell no one. He told her to try it with ice now, she did so, waiting for what would happen next.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Kanana walked into her laboratory, where the royal doctor was waiting. "Cramps?" he questioned as she sat down in a seat. She was in her lab only because she was worried that word would get out about her fretting over her pregnancy. "You really shouldn't be doing so much," a nurse said haughtily, before having her sit in a large chair to check vitals. "You should stay here," the nurse continued. Kanana made a face at the nurse. Not go to the mountain? She was nuts. The doctor then waved her off, as he could see that Kanana was getting irritated. "I'm afraid that if you do go, you could cause premature labor. The cramps are contractions," he said, although he was clearly letting Kanana decide. "I'll be fine. I've been good this entire pregnancy, the baby can handle one damned day of activity before I go back to sitting on my butt in the library," Kanana said with a sigh.

"It's up to you of course. It's just dangerous for children to be born before you're seven months. At six...it's alarming. If you did go into premature labor, it would fall upon the child to pull through." the doctor said, giving a careful run down of it. Kanana sighed. He was right; but she had to go. "Thanks, Doc," she said, standing. She had changed into another of her dresses. It was warm, and lined with fur, and extremely lavish. She really did look like a queen. But she was only wearing it because it was the only thing that would comfortably fit her and keep her warm up at the top of that mountain.

She left her labs, followed by the doctor who then turned down some passageway. He had a lot of work to do, like every doctor. She was curious about the cause for poisoning Jareth now, and determined to find out. She walked into Jareth's room, looking much better than before. "Two things: Why would Atreyu poison you? And are you ready to go?" she stated, hands on her hips. Now was the time for business, not luxury, and she resumed her pre-pregnancy air of importance for a moment.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Jareth was looking at Tokiwa, "Good, now focus your energy into your hand. Feel the cold growing from the center of your palm outwards. And then try to focus your energy into it." He watched and then Kanana came in, "Well, I am as ready as I'll ever be. As for why he would do that, you've seen him lately. He isn't the same as he used to be. I think that he has finally cracked under stress. But I still think that you should rest at least a day before we climb the mountain. If the elixer doesn't work and I am powerless, then I cannot help the child id it comes out early."
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Tokiwa would do as jareth asks to do, atleast she tried, she didnt know what this engery he was talking about was. but she tryed to pull somthing from deep within herself out, and try to create the cold. However, what she was pulling out wasn't the cold. if anyone was looking at her right then and there, they would see heat waves in the air around her. As she contiuned to try harder and harder, trying to call out out this engery, she instead was unleashing a little bit of her power. However after a short while, she stopped, as the strain of trying to do whatever jareth was telling her to do was giving her a headache. "Why is it not working!" She would say not noticing she had been powering up slightly. " my head hurts..." she would say afterwords siting on the ground.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Kanana watched these proceedings. Kiwa was emitting heat, which worried her, but she had some form of control. "Continue later. We're leaving, now. Tokiwa, if you want to go, you better find Elena and have her dress you in your winter clothes. It will be cold." Kanana commanded. She waited until Tokiwa had left, then she turned to Jareth. "I'm happy you're trying to teach her magic. But, I want you to wait for a few months. Please." Kanana tacked on the please afterwards, so that it didn't sound like an order. Truth be told, with Tokiwa's powerful capabilities, Kanana wanted to wait until she was just a little older to be spending her energy learning to control it. If she tried to use her powers too much at such a young age, Kanana worried she would be harmed. Kanana didn't wait for Jareth's response, calling two men to come in. They were big and burly, and would no doubt have trouble carrying Jareth up the mountain. They'd take alternating shifts though, so that they did not tire out too quickly. Kanana tosses a thick jacket at Jareth for him to put on, before leaving to pack up a few more supplies, and get the scale.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Jareth looked at Tokiwa, "Very good! You unleashed your magic in a form of aura. In other words you were unleashing raw magic. Raw magic may be the most powerful, but it is also the most damaging to your body. Now, close your eyes and try to imagine..." He heard what Kanana said, "Or you can listen to your mother and leave the room."
    He looked at her, "Well, so long as we can go and get this over with. I still want you to rest for a day, but I know that look in your eye. Once that's look is in there there is no stopping you." He started to get up, "Why would I stop teaching her? But, you have known her longer, so I shall do as you ask. Shall we go?"
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Tokiwa would quickly run out of the room. She was going on a trip, she was quite happy, she was going to go with them. she almost thought that she wouldn't of been able to go. After quickly finding elena and geting her winter clothes on she quickly rushed back, thanking elena before hand. She reentered the room, almost falling over from running so fast, as she turned and entered the room. " I'm ready!" She would look at the two large men. "Hello, are you guys coming with us to?" She would say with a happy tone.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Kanana smiled at Kiwa, before helping Jareth stand. A grim look had set into her features, and she had a pack strapped around her waist holding the dragon scale and a few other supplies. She then looked at the two men, who nodded to show that they were ready.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Jareth managed to put the coat on and he let the men pick him up. He simply sighed and wished that he wouldn't be such a burden to people.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Tokiwa watched at kanana helped jareth up. She noticed Kanana looked kinda strange. She looked like she wasn't doing to well. She watched as one of the men picked jareth up. She just went over and stood next to kanana waiting to leave, humming happily to herself, not knowing what was going to happen on the moutian trip.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:49 pm

The man carrying Jareth walked out of the room, and Kanana followed, the other man right behind her. She then turned back, and smiled at Tokiwa, extending a hand to her. "Well, come on, little one," she said.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Tokiwa quickly took kanana's hand and started to walk with her. she continued to hum a happy little tune as they went. she hadn't been outside of the castle much very sense she got there. But she also had never been up a moutian before. it was exciting for her, it was like a adventure to her, something she had never done before.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Jareth let himself be carried. He looked down at Tokiwa, "When we return I want you to look at some books. Once you've read them I'll teach you a little bit more about it."
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 am

tokiwa looked over at jareth, and hear his talk about books. There were a lot of books in kanana's castle. She didn't feel like she supposed to read any of the books they either had stuff in it that wasn't meant for her, or she was fearful she might damage them. "What type of books?" She would ask.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:35 am

"Very old books. They are very delicate. I am trusting you to the point of letting you read them. Kanana's library might have them, though they'd probably be under "fiction." Those idiots, not even realizing what those books are. Anyways, they are books that will teach you about the basic ideas and laws of magic. For example: Human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost. That is magic's first law of equivalent exchange. But as you are probably wondering about my crystals. And you are probably wondering how I was able to make so much from that one crystal. The law of equivalent exchange is incomplete. I discovered that much about it. I'll teach you about that later though."
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 am

Tokiwa looked at him, she didn't know if she felt like she could handle even touching delicate books. Well she didn't even know if she could be trusted around people with her problem. She didn't want to mistakenly damage them. She also didn't quite understand what jareth was really talking about either. But she really didn't understand magic either so that was most likely why. "I'll be very careful with your books." She would say.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 am

"Please do. And don't worry about none of it making any sense. I honestly still don't understand a great deal of it myself." He sighed, they had just reached the mountain. Jareth reached into his jacket and he pulled out a new book. "Here, look at this. It's a new book. I had to copy the wording myself."
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Kanana had been vaguely aware of Jareth talking to Kiwa, but other than that, she was completely out of it. They had reached the mountain, and Kanana indicated that the men switch. Jareth was transferred from one pair of arms to another. She then had the other man pick Tokiwa up and place her on his back, giving her a piggyback ride. They then marched on, going directly up the mountain instead of following a trail. Kanana couldn't handle much more of this, but she pushed on anyway. She was hot in the fur gown, and sweat was beading upon her forehead, but she didn't say much else. She simply followed Jareth and Tokiwa (carried in the arms of the burly men) silently, leaning upon her staff as another bought of cramps hit her in a wave of pain. She continued following them, though, the scale in the satchel bumping against her thigh occasionally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content