Does the Clock Strike Death?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to DCSD! We hope you enjoy your stay!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» NEW SITE!! NEW SITE!!
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:45 pm by Atreyu

» Bringing The Site Back
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm by Atreyu

» Updated Descriptions Of Races
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:21 pm by Atreyu

» Site Design?
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm by Kanana

» The Thread in Which Tokiwa and Kanana Haz Adventures and Schtuff
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am by Tokiwa

» I WILL FIX IT
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm by Kanana

» Posts, Topics, Emails and Other Junk
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 am by Kanana

» Something Unexpected CLOSED
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm by Jareth

» Herro
Something Unexpected CLOSED EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am by Jareth

3 posters

Something Unexpected CLOSED

Jareth
    Jareth

Something Unexpected CLOSED Empty Something Unexpected CLOSED

Post by Jareth Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:36 pm

It had been three months since Jareth had seen Kanana. One could tell that there was something off about him because of that. He had never gone more than a few weeks without seeing her. He had known for some time that he was in love with her. But he did not know if she had felt those same feelings for her. He walked up to the palace door, his frame bent and broken. He was but a shell of the man that he was before. "Kanana, I'm here."
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Corleiks

Something Unexpected CLOSED Empty Re: Something Unexpected CLOSED

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 am

Instead of Kanana customarily greeting Jareth at the door, a servant did, bowing to him. "Lady Kanana is in her library at the moment, she apologizes for not greeting you here," the servant said, bowing once again before leading him to Kanana's library. It had expanded in the three months time; probably because she was spending so much time within. The servant stopped at the door, opening them, then bowing to Jareth once again before he scurried off. Funny; Kanana's servants never seemed to run or walk away; they always scurried.

Kanana looked up as the doors opened, shutting her book. She was curled up in a large arm chair; to someone who hadn't seen her in three months, she'd look very....different. Firstly, she didn't look serious, or haughty. She looked...calm. Secondly, three months ago, she wouldn't have been caught dead sitting in a chair reading when she could have been hunting. Thirdly, was the way she was dressed. While customarily dressed in revealing armor that actually provided her no real protection, since it was just for style, such was not the case now. Now, she was dressed in a simple gown. Nothing fancy, her arms bare, the dress very flowy and quite flattering. And lastly, and perhaps the greatest shock of all, was her round, growing abdomen.

Kanana's eyes met Jareth's, and although he seemed different as well, her heart still missed a beat. Guess sealing her heart away hadn't worked as well as she'd hoped. She unfurled herself from the seat, standing, setting her book upon the cushioned armchair. "Hello, Jareth," she said quietly, finally looking away from him and staring out the window.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Spirit

Post by Tokiwa Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 am

Tokiwa would be walking around the castle. She had started figuring out were everything was, it was quite fun, when she started to figure it all out. She could run around in the castle, even tho she really wasn't supposed to. But she found it so fun! She giggled, going around another corner. She was slowly making her way to Kanana's library. She started humming to herself, as she hurried her way there. As she finally get there, but she would sit peeking into the door way seeing the man, who she had no idea who he was. But she looked past him and looked over at kanana, before walking in rather quickly and going over to kanana and hugging her, looking over at the man again. "Who's the man, Kanana." She would say, "is he one of your friends."
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:16 am

Jareth looked at the little one, "I am a friend of hers. Can you go play? I want to speak with her, alone." He looked at Kanana, "As you can see, I've seen better days. And my appearance isn't the worst of it. My powers have been failing me. I'm lucky if I'm able to even summon a crystal, let alone turn it into something. I can't even access my natural power." He looked at her with sad eyes, his once blonde hair was visibly graying. "And I know the reason for this. I've known for some time. Kanana, I love you. I have loved you for a very long time. I hope that you and I can still be friends, for it appears that you do not care for me as I do for you. It looks like you don't even care for me as a friend. If you cannot at least be friends with me, then I shall take my leave."
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:53 am

Kanana hugged Tokiwa back, before leaning down (her stomach was not quite big enough to become too much of an issue) and began whispering in the child's ear. "Can you go find Elena, Princess? Ask her to play with you? I've got some things I need to take care of..." Kanana whispered, glancing back at Jareth.

She then straightened after hugging the child again, and Kiwa ran out of the room. Jareth then began speaking, and Kanana felt like she could fly once again--her wings were gone. If she used her powers too often, she feared that her child would be harmed. When he said he loved her...she didn't hear the rest. She didn't need to. She only smiled, a smile that hadn't touched her lips in months. "Well, of course I love you," she said with a tinkling laugh. "How could you not have known?" she asked, serious this time.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 am

Tokiwa would smile,"Ok!" She would say happily, waiting for there hugs to end before running off. she would look around for Elena, not really wanting to yell like Kanana did, in her mind that was still something Kanana could only do. she would start by looking at the places, Elena normally would be at these times, then if she didn't find her would just go look in places she normally wouldn't find her, but otherwise she still seemed happy with just walking around.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:04 am

A look of pure joy spread across Jareth's face, "I never knew that you felt this way. And to answer your question, how could I have known? Now, enough of this joyous news. You summoned me here for a reason. Why was that?"
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:19 am

Kanana looked at him, a look on her face clearly meaning, "Come on, you haven't noticed?" But, with a shrug, she told him anyways. "I'm with child," she said, rubbing her abdomen absentmindedly as she looked at the ceiling, to prevent herself from blushing. She was actually quite happy about it; but of course...Jareth might not be. She didn't know what she'd do if he didn't...like the idea of having...a baby. Probably raise the child herself; children weren't all that hard, as she had found out with Tokiwa.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 am

Jareth couldn't have been any happier. But then a thought played his mind, What if the child isn't his? He wouldn't care, he would raise the child as if it were his own. "That's great news! Being a father, well... I would be lying if I said that I didn't expect that to happen. I mean, look at all of the things we did. I'm honestly surprised that it didn't happen sooner."
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:39 am

Kanana smiled slightly, then walked towards him until she could lay her head upon his shoulder, hugging him. She inhaled deeply, realizing how much she had missed even his scent. She then looked up at him, a smile playing on her lips. "You have no idea how much I missed you," she said quietly, burying her face into his shoulder.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 am

Jareth hugged her, "And you have no idea how much I missed you." He looked at her, and then he started thinking about the kid. "Who was that little one that was here when I came in?"
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:47 am

Kanana had almost forgotten about Tokiwa. "She's an orphan that I took in about two months ago," Kanana said with a small smile, kissing his nose. "I should probably go find her," she added as an afterthought, looking at the door.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 am

"Hmm? An orphan? I take it that you had a soft spot for her. Or rather she did something that interested you."
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 am

"She was following me, and then hit her head. She looked like she was starving, so I got her lunch. After that, I couldn't really abandon her to the streets, now could I?" Kanana said. Ugh, she really was going soft! She pulled away from Jareth, then, although taking his hand. She didn't want to be away from him any longer. It had been three months; she needed him now.

Kanana traveled through the castle, either forcing Jareth to come with her, or he was going voluntarily. "Tokiwa? Where are you?" she called.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 am

tokiwa would still be wandering though the halls, looking for Elena, having Zero luck. She for the most part had giving up on actually finding her, and was rather looking at the place more, she had a plan of one day mastering the whole layout of the place. When she head the sound of someone calling for her, she got confused. Hearing it coming from more then once place, due to being a weird area of the castle. she slowly followed the voice soon, being able to tell it was kanana. She would make her way for her, or try to. She ending up taking a bunch of wrong turns before finnaly finding them. "Kanana!" she would yell out runing up to them. "are you done with your busyness?" she would say with a smile.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Kanana smiled back at her, "Yes, littl one, I'm done. I'd like you to meet someone, dear." Kanana said, looking at Jareth, a small smile of ecstasy alighting her features as she looked at him. She was his, now...and he was hers. "This..." she began, not looking away from Jareth until the last second to look at the Princess, "Is my life long friend, Jareth. And Jareth, this is Tokiwa, Princess of Noro Palace," she said, formally introducing the two with a smile as she absentmindedly rubbed her rounding belly again. A baby...never, in her life, had she wanted children. Hadn't even thought about them. But...carrying the child now...well, she couldn't have been happier.

Her only concern was if the child did not belong to Jareth. With her promiscuous past, it literally could be anyone, except for her female partners of course. But, the last person she'd been with...had been him. She refused to believe that the baby belonged to anyone else. She looked at Jareth again, a smile spreading across her face as it always did when she looked at him--until her face became crestfallen. The only reason he had said what he had was because he knew she was pregnant. When he walked in the library, he had to have known. Even at three months, her once perfectly toned stomach was different. And her clothing covered her, although flattering, but it was something that she would have never worn before. She clung to the idea that Jareth ha only interest in the child, but did not let him see it. Instead, she smiled at him again, only this time, it was one of the customary smiles she gave to a one night stand. He probably wouldn't even tell the difference, though.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Tokiwa Would listen to kanana telling her who the man was. She was one of Kanana's friends, Kanana seemed to have lots of friends. However she called him a Life long friend. "Well its nice to meet you Mr. Jareth." She would say Curtseying as she did so. She liked meeting new people now, as before when she was on the street whenever she tryed to make friends, they would normaly try to get her to go away, even the fellow homeless didn't want to be around her. Kanana and Elena were her best friends. However Kanana was more of a mother to Tokiwa, however she wouldn't call her that, mostly cause she was scared to. Tokiwa looked at Kanana seeing her inlarged belly. She Knew Kanana was pregnant, she had heard some of the servents talking about it, but she knew about where babies came from her time before the castle. She still however, did not know how Kanana or any women came to be this way.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 am

Jareth looked at Tokiwa, "Hey there little one. Here, I have a gift for you. Hopefully. Let's see if I have enough energy to do this." Jareth stood upright and he started to make the motions with his hands, the crystal formed...

And then he fainted.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:59 am

Kanana automatically stepped behind him, catching him. It was perhaps a little harder than normal, for she had been lazing about for three months, but she was still able to prevent him from hitting the floor. "Go! Find someone! QUICKLY!" Kanana shouted at Tokiwa, checking over Jareth frantically. She'd never seen something like this happen, and didn't know what to make of it. She laid his head in her lap as she sat upon the floor, and stroked his face lightly, murmuring to him to try and revive him.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Tokiwa would quickly rush off as kanana told her to find someone, namely a few of the servants not knowing who else to go to. She would quickly find one of them and tell them what had happened and telling them exactly were they were in the castle, before quickly running back looking at Jareth
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Jareth was still out cold, but an odd thing happened. The crystal that he made, it fell from his hand and onto the floor. That wasn't a very far drop, and yet it made the crystal shatter. For you see, Jareth's crystals can only be broken under an extreme amount of pressure, so this was a bad sign.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Tokiwa was followed by two or three servants, and she simply commanded them to go get a nurse and send up a few guards. The guards came per her request, and she bid them to carry Jareth to an empty bed chamber, as she had a maid collect the fragments of his crystal. This was a bad sign, and she knew it. She held them, cupped in her hands, and followed the guards quickly. Jareth was not heavy, but she still would not have been able to carry him with her...condition. She simply barked at the guards to hurry up, which they did, and they soon arrived in an empty bedchamber. She dumped the decorative potpuree in a bowl out, and dropped the shards of crystal within it, before pulling the covers back so the guards could lay Jareth into the bed. She forgot to worry about Tokiwa, fretting about Jareth as she was.

The nurse came and checked on him, but could not determine a possible cause for it other than the fact that he had used too much energy at once. Kanana sent her away, disappointed that she sounded so unsure, and sat at the foot of the bed, watching Jareth carefully. She pulled the blankets over him, before taking a seat next to the bed, keeping her vigilant watch of him. A maid came in to set water and food to the side, since Kanana had yet to eat dinner, but she left it there. Instaed, she simply poured a few drops of water onto Jareth's lips, but she couldn't tell if he had actually swallowed them or not.

The sky outside the window darkened, and another maid came in to close the curtains and ask Kanana if she would go to bed. Kanana declined, and sent the maid away to rest for the night. She stayed in the chair the entire night, not looking away from Jareth. He stirred once or twice, but she always murmured soothing words to calm him. As the sky lightened, yet another maid came in and opened the curtains, fierce sunlight playing upon Jareth's face now. Kanana had still not moved, and through the night, she had developed dark circles under her eyes. But she didn't care, and continued watching him until the nurse came back, to wake him. She then moved as the nurse checked his symptoms and vitals, and determined that he should wake soon.

She then began pacing about his room, unable to sit any longer, as the sun climbed higher outside. She opened the window, a calm breeze entered and cooled the room considerably, which she found brought great relief. When a maid came in to deposit a tray of food upon a table and take the other away, she inquired about Tokiwa. The maid stated that Tokiwa had gone to bed sometime during the night, and Kanana nodded at this, and resumed pacing.
    Jareth
    Jareth

Post by Jareth Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Jareth slowly opened his eyes, he looked around him. He could tell that he was in a bed chamber of sorts. He looked out and he saw a woman pacing. It took him a moment to see that it was Kanana, he smiled "Hey there, what did I miss?" He tried to get out of bed, but he was too weak. He got out, but then he fell down to the ground as soon as he tried to stand. "Guess I'm not walking anytime soon."
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Kanana automatically went to help him quickly, setting him back against his pillows. "You need to be more careful than that," she said, before grabbing the almost-cold breakfast tray from the table and set it before him. "Eat. You need to recover," she said quietly, before going to shut the window. It was getting slightly chilly, and she could tell that autumn was coming sooner than anticipated.
    Tokiwa
    Tokiwa

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Tokiwa Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:19 pm

tokiwa had watched form afar as all the things, happened. She didn't understand what had happened to him, but she knew it was bad. She stayed out of the way as she didn't want to make anyone mad. However after a short while she had went to her room and got dressed for bed and fallen asleep. She awoke the next mourning Elena helped her get dressed, even tho for the most part she had learned how the put some of the stuff on herself, she wouldn't let elena know that, she just had to much fun with elena for her to do that. Tokiwa would wander down, to were she remembered them taking Jareth. She would stand peeking into to the room, not completely going in, just watching.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content